Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock these past few months you probably have noticed the continuous growth of many social networking sites, Facebook in particular. The latest reports from Facebook and tracking sites like Insidefacebook.com report (you guessed it) more growth.
Here are some nuggets to chew on:
- Facebook reported 81.2 million monthly active users in the US at the end of August.
- Facebook’s US audience increased 8.6% in September to 88.3 million vistors.
- Females 18-25 lead Facebook’s demographic profile in September
- Women over 45 showed strong growth, while increases in males over 35 were lower.
- Percentage-wise Facebook is growing most quickly amongst users over 45.
- Almost 50% of Facebook users in the US today are over 35.
- About one-fifth of all US Facebook users are over 45.
And some nice charts:
Tags: social media marketing